The gas alarm is designed for single station use. Small and compact, the design and color makes it ideal for use in the home, small commercial properties, and recreational vehicles. It is intended to detect leakage of natural gas (methane gas), town gas, and bottled gas (propane gas). The unit is designed for AC wire-in applications. The gas alarm can be mounted high (for methane gas) or low (for LPG gas). It is equipped with a sturdy metal mounting bracket for quick, easy, and secure installation.
Key Specifications/Special Features
- Detect all sorts of combustible gases, natural gas (methane), bottled gas (propane), LPG (Liquefied petroleum Gas), LNG (Liquefied natural gas), coal gas, including town gas.
- Easy to install, mounting bracket included.
- Loud 85dB alarm and LED warning light.
- High quality durable sensor.
- Self diagnostic function by MCU intelligent software.
- Excellent reliability & High stability.
- Ideal for all kitchens.
Unit Dimensions: 122mm (H) x 76 mm (W) x 38 mm (D)
Color: Ceiling White
Operating Temperature: -10°C to +50°C
Ambient Humidity: ≤95% RH
Alarm Horn: 85dB at 3m (10 feet)
Operating Voltage: 220VAC
Power Consumption: <1.5W (Standby), <5W (Alarm)
Value of Detection Threshold (Lower Explosive Limit):
Natural Gas: 5000ppm (10% LEL)
LPG: 2000PPM (10% LEL)
Coal Gas: 800PPM (2% LEL)
Method of Alarm: Flashing Red LED with 85dB alarm
Warm Up Time: approximately 60 Seconds
The Gas detector is intended to detect leakage of natural gas, town gas and bottled gas. It is intended for installation in the home, small commercial properties, and recreational vehicles (see Figure 4).
- Installation shall only be undertaken by technicians holding a certificate issued by an authorized distributor.
- For detecting natural gas (lighter than air), the detector should be installed within 30 centimeters below the ceiling and 50cm above the oven and the maximum distance away from the furnace or gas appliances is 4 meters.
- For detecting LPG (heavier than air), the alarm should be installed within 30 centimeters above the floor and the maximum distance away from the furnace or gas appliances is 4 meters.
- The detector should not be located close to any obstacles preventing natural air circulation. It should also not be located in a draft or close to a cooker (cooking smells and other fumes can have a bad influence on gas detection).
OPERATION AND TESTING
Check and test the gas detector after installation. It should be tested weekly and check after re-occupation following a holiday.
Press the test button and wait 8 seconds, the unit will output signal for electric valve or electric hand(only for control output module) To ensure the gas detector is working, you should test it weekly.
- Power Up: After turn on the power, the Green Power LED would light and Yellow fault LED would be flash, buzzer beep once. The unit would take approximately 120 Seconds to warm up. After warm up, the Yellow LED stop flash and turn off, the buzzer beep twice. In the warm up time, the unit doesn't response to any operation until end of the warm up period. It's forbidden to test detector during the warm up period.
- Normal: When the unit is in normal status, the Green Power LED is on, and Red and Yellow LED and buzzer are off, Power LED flashes every 5 seconds.
- Fault: When the sensor is in the fault status, the Yellow fault LED would turn on, the buzzer beep once. The unit will restore to normal status after the fault has been corrected.
- Alarm: While detecting the gas leaking reach the alarm level, the sensor Red Alarm LED would turn on and the buzzer sound urgently. while the unit will output relay contacts output(relay output module), or output signal for electric valve or electric hand. (See Figure3, 4).
- Test: In the normal status, Press the test button and the unit should sound and the all LED light. The relay output module has NO/NC/COM output(only for DC power relay output module) The wireless module has signal output.
Press test button again to exit the silence status.
- Silence: In the alarm status, press Test button, the unit enter the silence status, the sound silenced and the red LED flashes quickly, about 10 minutes late, the unit exit the silence status.
- Reset: In the alarm status, press the Test button down and hold above 5 seconds, the unit would restore to normal status
TESTING AND MAINTENANCE
Push and hold the Test button on the cover until a loud alarm sounds. The alarm sequence should last for 5-6 seconds. If the Detector ever fails to test properly, replace it immediately.
To keep the Detector in good working order:
- Test it every week using the Test button.
- Vacuum the detector cover at least twice a year, using the soft brush. Test the detector again after vacuuming.
GAS SAFETY GUIDE
- If you hear the gas alarm sound or suspect that there is a gas leakage. You should open all windows and doors to allow the gas to disperse.
- Don't switch on lighting, press door bell, exhausting fan or any kind of electrical appliance to avoid explosion. Check all the gas appliances. Extinguish any naked flames and turn off the gas control off the gas supply.
- Call the Fire department immediately outside your home or premises/ apartment.
- If you are on holiday, turn off appliances switches & the gas control valve.
- Do not place the bed near gas pipes or gas meter.
- Do not change the location of gas pipes by yourself.
- In order to ensure your home safety, please employ registered installers for regular safety inspection of all gas installation & appliances.